Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cat Skin Irritation Its Hard To Give Injections To My Cat Because His Skin Is So Tough - Help?

Its hard to give injections to my cat because his skin is so tough - help? - cat skin irritation

Are there any tips to get the needle into the skin of a cat without problems, even if their skin is so hard? I read everything, injections and follow orders from my doctor (my cat has diabetes and needs insulin) twice daily. But I can not overcome the difficulty of the skin - I am very hard and push the extra time it takes to get it to scare my cat. Any first hand experience of this support, thank you.

2 comments:

old cat lady said...

Have you talked with your vet? Cat fur is really soft, not at all difficult.

Maybe you need a smaller needle, or just someone to use the really strong.

catiator... said...

If you are using a tuberculin or insulin syringes, you may want a different kind of needle examined. Maybe 22? I believe that insulin injections are usually a 25th Some cats, especially males, who later castrated, thick skin. However, what to feed your cat? It is possible that the power-management is, the amount of insulin that you reduce your cat. I recommend this book to your cat by Elizabeth Hodgkin, DVM, for more information, but also has a website. http://www.yourdiabeticcat.com feeding a cat on a diet of meat Goodwill control your diabetes much easier and increase their longevity.

Post a Comment