Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shabby Chic Furniture In Ohio How To Paint Furniture In The 'shabby Chic' Style?

How to paint furniture in the 'shabby chic' style? - shabby chic furniture in ohio

I want to paint a mahogany furniture that belonged to my mother, in the Shabby Chic style. Ruining the very hesitant as i dont want to assemble the furniture i can not afford to replace them!

I wonder if someone could give me some advice or tips on how to achieve this kind of surface or point me in the direction of some useful websites. Also, if you tell me what materials (types of brushes, etc.) used and, above all, what shade of color you have chosen!

Thank you:)

3 comments:

gaijingi... said...

Test site, www.talkfaux.com. I think you are a wealth of information can be found for different surfaces. It seems that many people out there that might be useful for you. There are a number of professional drivers, which often help in this forum imitation, and probable. If possible, try to practice on a piece of junk (I know that with the situation he is tough with his mother and fittings, but may be able to find some wood as a garage sale or Goodwill, or you can play somewhere with a little) . I feel more confident to start the pieces of her mother.

Also try your local library ... I think a lot of books about things that are truly inspiring and useful when starting projects. (It is good if one of youWhile you work, you know?)
Good luck.

Nicotine said...

You can buy a type of coat for the paint will crack and split in such a way as to make the paint look antique. I have used (very effective!), But I'm not sure if the name of it, I suggest you want a local hardware or paint production. May I think you should use two layers of paint in different colors under the cover in order to achieve the desired effect, but again I have only seen the impact that never made it myself.

Stavros2 - Suspended again said...

Use a sponge

Post a Comment